County of Santa Cruz
701 OCEAN STREET, 4th FLOOR, SANTA CRUZ, CA 95060
(831) 454-3143 FAX: (831) 454-2131 TDD: (831) 454-2123
Alvin D. James, Director
Planning Department Expands Services in Felton Office
2/15/2001 4:23 PM
For Immediate Release
County Planning Director Alvin James announced today that permit services at the North County Permit Center in Felton are being expanded.
The Permit Center is now open weekdays from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm and from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Individuals can stop in at any time during these hours to obtain general land use information, make appointments to submit permit applications, check on the status of a permit and drop off electronic or paper application materials or revisions to plans.
Beginning Monday, March 5, staff will be available each afternoon to provide general information and to issue building permits for projects which do not require construction plans such as replacing a hot water heater, repairing a deck, re-roofing a house or doing minor repairs. For more complex types of building permits that have approved applications, staff is available to issue permits by appointment.
The following Planning Department services are also available at the Felton office:
· A Planner is available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons to answer more complex land use questions and to accept applications for certain types of Use, Development or Environmental approvals
· Building Inspectors for the San Lorenzo Valley are available from 8:00 to 9:00 am daily for information about active building permits
· A Code Compliance Investigator is available by appointment to provide information about violations of the County’s development regulations and
· The Felton Grove Elevation Project Coordinator is available to project participants Monday through Thursday.
The North County Permit Center is located in Felton Depot at 6060 Graham Hill Road, at the corner of Graham Hill Road and East Zayante Road. Staff can be contacted by calling 461-7450.