Please Note: fee
increase for marriage licenses effective 1/1/2014.
Copies of Marriage Licenses
This service is available ONLY if the original license was issued as a regular license in Santa Cruz County. If the original marriage license was issued as confidential, only the
persons named in the license may request a copy of the record in person or by mail. See: Confidential Marriage Licenses
SEARCH FEE: We will search for your marriage certificate for the same fee of
$15.00. If no record is found, our office will issue a “Certificate of No Record” to you.
Please have available the following information:
Click here to visit the Forms page where you can download an Application for Marriage certificate
- The full name of both parties named in the license
- The date of the marriage, or at least the year of the marriage
- The address where the copy is to be mailed
There are three ways to obtain a copy:
- Come into the office between 8am-12pm & 1-4pm
- Send your request and information along with a postal or bank money order or cashier's check for
$15.00 (personal checks are not accepted by mail). For out of country requests payment must be by International Money Order. Make payment payable to:
Santa Cruz County Recorder
701 Ocean Street, Room 230
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- On-line using VitalChek
If you need next day delivery there is an additional Federal Express charge of $17.50.