Who We Are
The Santa Cruz County Long Term Recovery Group is a collaboration of nonprofit, faith-based, local, state and national organizations that work together to share information and resources to help address the needs of individuals and families affected by the CZU Lightning Complex Fires.
The Santa Cruz County Long Term Recovery Group is working diligently to build community partnerships in order to ensure adequate support for CZU Lightning Complex Fire survivors. The Group employs a “no wrong door” approach to facilitate access to assistance and resources for those impacted by the fires, with a focus on those who do not have personal resources to cover essential needs.
The Group collaborates to thoughtfully communicate with survivors, coordinate resources and events and cooperate to identify needs and trends to address the gaps after federal, insurance and other recovery sources have provided assistance.
The Group will work to provide spiritual, emotional, physical and financial resources to those affected by the disaster regardless of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability or religious preference.
Interested in Joining?
If your agency would like to consider joining the Santa Cruz County Long Term Recovery Group or would like to attend a monthly meeting please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. All members are asked to sign a Member Agreement and Code of Conduct. Monthly full group meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month from 9:30a.m. - 11a.m.
Participating Organizations (as of 4/1/21)
- American Red Cross
- Bonny Doon Community School Foundation
- Bonny Doon Presbyterian Church/Higher Grounds Community Outreach
- Bonny Doon Union Elementary School District
- Boulder Creek Business Association / SLV Rotary
- Boulder Creek Rec and Park District
- Collaborating Agencies' Disaster Relief Effort (CADRE)
- Cal OES Voluntary Agency Liaison
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Monterey
- Community Action Board
- Community Bridges, Mountain Community Resources
- Community Foundation Santa Cruz County
- Davenport North Coast Association
- FEMA Volunteer Agency Liaison
- Habitat for Humanity Monterey Bay
- Human Care Alliance
- Integrative Medical Clinic Foundation: Image You
- Mennonite Disaster Service
- Nonprofit Connection SCC
- Resource Conservation District of Santa Cruz County
- SC Relief
- Team Rubicon, Santa Cruz/Monterey, Region IX
- United Policyholders
- United Way of Santa Cruz County
- Valley Churches United