Bookmark and Share


The General Services Department [GSD] is responsible for providing a wide variety of services for the County of Santa Cruz, such as facilities maintenance, construction management, fleet services, and the central purchasing division. We also provide administrative support to the County Fire Department. General Services staffs the Energy Commission and works with County departments on energy efficient and energy conservation projects and practices.

We hope that you find the information on our web pages informative and useful. 

In particular, please take the time to review our Construction ProjectsVendor Registration and Solicitations pages for information on how your business can take advantage of opportunities to provide services or goods to the County. 


Request Public Records

California Public Records Act (CPRA)

This page ​is intended to assist members of the public in obtaining access to the County of Santa Cruz’s public records under the California Public Records Act.

Summary of the California Public Records Act: Government Code Section 6250 et seq.

How to Request Public Records from the General Services Department

Public Records can be requested in writing, via the mail, email, or fax or verbally on the phone or in person. However, to avoid confusion and to make certain that you obtain the records you want, it is best to put your request in writing. The Records Request Form is available online on the Clerk of the Board's Department webpage to assist you in making a request. Try to be as clear as possible when requesting record​s and put date limits on your request. Offer any search clues you can and if you are informed that the records you are requesting do not exist, then please contact the Department to discuss alternatives.

Clerk of the Board manages multi-department requests, visit them here:

If it's about County procurement (Purchase Orders and Contracts or vendors), please email the Buyer:

For General Services facilities [structural] projects or other inquires, please email:        GSD Construction Projects

NOTE: Most other County improvement projects are administrated by other Departments, such as Public Works or Parks. Check out the Departments webpage to best select the appropriate contact.


Fees & Charges for Duplicating

The County of Santa Cruz does not charge for the time and costs incurred in searching for, locating, or collecting records. However, the County may charge for the actual costs of duplicating paper records. The current cost to duplicate paper records is $0.10 per one paper copy, plus United States Postal Service (USPS) First-Class Mail postage rate. If you prefer, you may also provide us with your UPS or FedEx shipping information (copying charges still apply).

Contact information is required so that we may respond to your request. ​

Submission and Response

Please search through the County's Departments page ( to submit your request to the most applicable office. If your request involves multiple Departments or you are uncertain who would be the holder of records, please send the request to the Clerk of the Board or call (831) 454-2323. Notice(s) of response will be sent within 10 days. Any Government Employee or Department is able to assist on your request and/or forward to the appropriate Department(s) liaison(s) to best respond.

For building construction or procurement requests, submit to or call (831) 454-2210.

Other Public Works ( or Parks ( projects should be directed to those Departments' Project Managers directly.

   General Services Department
   701 Ocean Street, Room 330
   Santa Cruz, Ca 95060-4073



Phone: (831) 454-2210
Fax: (831) 454-2710  
TDD: 711

Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding County Holidays and/or Furlough Days

Additionally, comments and suggestions regarding our web page can be directed to the Departmental Computer Coordinator; click here to send an email.