County of Santa Cruz – Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
By providing services or commodities and accepting payment rendered pursuant to the Purchase Order (PO), the vendor agrees to abide by the following Invoicing Instructions and Terms and Conditions:
INVOICING INSTRUCTIONS: The Vendor is directed to provide invoicing pursuant to the following instructions
Original invoice required. The Auditor Controller will only pay an original invoice or a PDF invoice emailed by the vendor to the issuing department. Except for Blanket POs, partial shipments must not be made nor invoiced without prior approval of County General Services Department, Purchasing Division.
Include PO number. Invoices must include number that appears in the upper right-hand corner of the PO.
State partial or complete delivery. Invoice must state complete or partial delivery and must show units and unit prices.
Show shipping/handling charges. Unless price includes shipping/handling, such charges must be shown on invoice.
Invoice must match PO. Prices shown on the invoice must match the Purchase Order.
EFT/ACH Payment: To sign up for electronic payment or update details, contact Aud.Claims@santacruzcounty.us.
Terms and Conditions Applicable to both Commodities and Services
- Commodities and/or services may not be substituted without approval of County General Services Dept., Purchasing Division.
- No charges will be allowed unless they are clearly identified and specified in this PO, including but not limited to those for commodities, services, transportation, containers, packing, etc.
- The Vendor shall hold County, its officers, agents, servants, and employees, harmless from liability of any nature or kind on account or the use of any copyrighted, or uncopyrighted composition, secret process, patented or unpatented invention, articles, commodities or services furnished or used under this PO.
- Vendor will not be held liable for failure or delay in the fulfillment of the PO if hindered or prevented by fires, strikes or Acts of God.
- Prior to receipt of goods or services, County may, at its sole option and without penalty, terminate this Purchase Order by giving written notice.
- Vendor shall not assign this Purchase Order without County’s prior written consent.
- County shall have 30 days from the receipt of an invoice to make payment unless otherwise stated in the Purchase Order.
- The laws of the State of California shall apply to any disputes concerning the Terms and Conditions herein, and venue for any such dispute shall be the Superior Court of the County of Santa Cruz.
- HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES. If any product supplied or used in relation to the PO contains “hazardous substance” identified by California Department of Industrial Relations, supplier must submit 2 copies of Materials Safety Data Sheet as follows:
One copy with the product shipment; and
One copy to Co. Santa Cruz Personnel, Safety Officer, 701 Ocean Street, Room 510, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- Compliance with County Code: Vendor shall comply with all applicable provisions of the Santa Cruz County Code, including but not limited to SCCC 7.110 and SCCC 2.37.
- Vendor shall exonerate, indemnify, defend, and hold the County harmless, without limitation, its officers, agents employees and volunteers from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, damages, defense costs, all other legal costs, or liability of any kind or nature which County may sustain or incur or which may be imposed upon it at any time for injury to or death of persons, or damage to property as a result of, arising out of, or in any manner connected with the Vendor’s performance under the terms of this Purchase Order, excepting any liability arising out of sole negligence of County. Such indemnification includes any damage to the person(s), or property(ies) of Vendor and third persons. In addition, all Vendors are solely responsible for any and all Federal, State, and Local taxes, charges, fees or contributions required to be paid with respect to Vendor and Vendor’s officers, employees and agents engaged in the performance of this Purchase Order (including, without limitation, unemployment insurance, social security and payroll tax withholding). If Vendor provides design professional services, the indemnity protection provided by this section will be as broad and comprehensive as possible, while complying with the provisions of Civil Code Section 2782.8.
Terms and Conditions Applicable to Commodities Only
- The County is a political subdivision of the State of California and is not subject to Federal Excise Tax. The County pays or accrues applicable sales taxes on commodities based on delivery location.
- Surface shipment only is authorized unless specifically stated otherwise in writing on the Purchase Order.
- If a specific room number is provided in the Ship To details, delivery must be made to that room without exception.
- Cost of inspection on deliveries, or offers for delivery, which do not meet specifications, are considered the Vendor’s responsibility unless otherwise stated on the Purchase Order.
- For shipments sold FOB shipping point, the Vendor shall prepay charges. Vendor will then provide updated shipping costs to Purchasing to correct total on PO.
- The balance of all partial shipments may be partially paid for items received ONLY.
- Shipments not received by date required may be canceled by County without penalty.
- Electrical equipment must meet California Industrial Safety Code.
Terms and Conditions Applicable to Services Only
- Unless waived or reduced by County in writing, vendors providing services must carry a minimum of $1,000,000 Comprehensive or Commercial liability insurance, Auto insurance with a minimum combined single limit of $500,000 per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage if a vehicle is involved in delivery of service and Workers Compensation insurance in the minimum statutory amounts if the contractor has employees. Purchase Orders for professional services such as architectural and engineering services are required to carry a minimum of $1,000,000 Professional Liability insurance.
- Equipment provided by County to be used in the process of providing agreed upon services on this Purchase Order shall be returned to County free from damage from any cause and in accordance with all other terms and conditions of this Purchase Order.
- No off-shore outsourcing of services. Vendor certifies that work done under this Purchase Order, either by the Vendor or any subcontractor, will be performed solely by workers within the United States.
- Prevailing Wage-applicable labor exceeding $1,000 requires payment of prevailing wage to employees who provide labor specified by this Purchase Order. View the DIR site at https://www.dir.ca.gov/public-works/prevailing-wage.html
- This Purchase Order may be subject to provisions of County Code Chapter 2.122, requiring payment of living wage to covered employees. View requirements at: http://www.co.santa-cruz.ca.us/Departments/GeneralServices/Purchasing/CurrentLivingWageOrdinance.aspx.