Santa Cruz County Assessor Tax Forms
Below is a list of tax forms used by the Santa Cruz County Assessor's Office. The forms are in PDF format.
Forms with a symbol can be filled out online and then printed.
NOTE: You must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer to open the forms. The latest version (v.10) is recommended.
Forms with a "BOE" number are forms distributed by the California State Board of Equalization.
For a complete listing of all California tax forms please click on this link to the California State Board of Equalization forms page.
FOR TRANSFERS THAT OCCURRED PRIOR TO FEBRUARY 16, 2021. (PROP 58 AND 193)
FOR TRANSFERS THAT OCCUR ON OR AFTER FEBRUARY 16, 2021. (PROP 19)
55 OR OLDER – TRANSFER OCCURRED PRIOR TO APRIL 1, 2021 (PROP 60)
55 OR OLDER – TRANSFER OCCURRED ON OR AFTER APRIL 1, 2021 (PROP 19)
DISABLED PERSON – TRANSFER OCCURRED PRIOR TO APRIL 1, 2021 (PROP 110)
DISABLED PERSON – TRANSFER OCCURRED AFTER APRIL 1, 2021 (PROP 19)
DISASTER – BOTH ORIGINAL AND REPLACEMENT IN SANTA CRUZ COUNTY – TRANSFER ON ANY DATE – ANY PROPERTY TYPE
DISASTER – ORIGINAL AND REPLACEMENT IN DIFFERENT COUNTIES – TRANSFER ON OR AFTER APRIL 1, 2021 - PRINCIPAL RESIDENCE ONLY
- WELFARE EXEMPTION/SECTION 231 (BOE 231-AH) - Change in eligibility or termination notice
- EXEMPTION OF LEASED PROPERTY USED EXCLUSIVELY FOR LOW INCOME HOUSING (BOE 236) - Claim for exemption from property taxes
- SUPPLEMENTAL AFFIDAVIT FOR BOE-236 HOUSING (BOE 236-A) - Lower income households eligibility based on family household income (yearly filing)
- CERTIFICATE AND AFFIDAVIT FOR EXEMPTION OF CERTAIN AIRCRAFT (BOE 260-A)
- CLAIM FOR EXEMPTION FROM PROPERTY TAXES OF AIRCRAFT OF HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE (BOE 260-B)
- CLAIM FOR DISABLED VETERANS' PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION (BOE 261-G)
- DISABLED VETERANS' EXEMPTION (BOE 261 GNT) - Change of eligibility report
- DISABLED VETERANS' HOUSEHOLD INCOME WORKSHEET - Attach to Claim for Disabled Veterans' Property Tax Exemption
- CHURCH EXEMPTION (BOE 262-AH) - Claim for exemption from property taxes
- CHURCH LESSOR'S EXEMPTION CLAIM (BOE 263-C) - Property leased by a church to a public school, community college, state college, or state university, including the University of California, used jointly with a church.
- LESSORS' EXEMPTION CLAIM (BOE 263) - To be filed by lessor. Property used for free public libraries and free museums and for property used exclusively for public schools community colleges, state colleges, state universities, University of CA, churches and nonprofit colleges. The benefit of the exemption must go to the exempt organization in the form of a rent reduction or direct refund, unless otherwise stated in the lease.
- QUALIFIED LESSORS' EXEMPTION (BOE 263-A) - To be filed by lessor. Claim for exemptions claimed on property used for free public libraries and free museums and for property used exclusively for public schools, community colleges, state colleges, state universities, University of California, and nonprofit colleges. For property which is being purchased with an agreement granting the lessee the option to acquire the leased property for one dollar or other nominal amount at the end of the lease.
- LESSEES' EXEMPTION CLAIM (BOE 263-B) - Property used exclusively for public schools, community colleges, state colleges, state universities, or University of California.
- COLLEGE EXEMPTION (BOE 264-AH) - Claim for exemption from property taxes
- CEMETERY EXEMPTION (BOE 265) - Claim for exemption from property taxes
- CEMETERY EXEMPTION CHANGE IN ELIGIBILITY (BOE 265-NT) - Change in eligibility or termination notice
- CLAIM FOR HOMEOWNERS' PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION (BOE 266) - Exempts $7,000 in assessed value (a $70 per year reduction in taxes) from the principle residence of an eligible homeowner.
- RECLAMO PARA LA EXENCIÓN DE IMPUESTOS PREDIALES DE LOS PROPIETARIOS DE CASAS (BOE 266-S) - Se excluye $7,000 del valor asesado (una reducción de $70 cada año) de la residencia principal para los que están elegibles.
- HOMEOWNERS' EXEMPTION TERMINATION NOTICE - use this form to notify the Assessor's Office when you have moved from a property and therefore no longer qualify for the Homeowner's Exemption on that property.
- CLAIM FOR WELFARE EXEMPTION (BOE 267) - First filing (For new locations and/or in-lieu of preprinted claim form BOE-267-A)
- CLAIM FOR WELFARE EXEMPTION (BOE 267-A) - Annual Filing
- WELFARE EXEMPTION SUPPLEMENTAL AFFIDAVIT HOUSING . ELDERLY OR HANDICAPPED FAMILIES ELIGIBILITY BASED ON FAMILY HOUSEHOLD INCOME (BOE 267-H) - Yearly Filing
- ELDERLY OR HANDICAPPED FAMILIES FAMILY HOUSEHOLD INCOME REPORTING WORKSHEET (BOE 267-H-A)
- WELFARE EXEMPTION SUPPLEMENTAL AFFIDAVIT, HOUSING — LOWER INCOME HOUSEHOLDS (BOE 267-L)
- LOWER INCOME HOUSEHOLDS FAMILY HOUSEHOLD INCOME REPORTING WORKSHEET (BOE 267-L-A)
- WELFARE EXEMPTION SUPPLEMENTAL AFFIDAVIT, LOW-INCOME HOUSING PROPERTY OF LIMITED PARTNERSHIP (BOE 267-L1)
- WELFARE EXEMPTION SUPPLEMENTAL AFFIDAVIT, HOUSING – LOWER INCOME HOUSEHOLDS – TENANT DATA (BOE 267-L2) New form for 2018
- WELFARE EXEMPTION SUPPLEMENTAL AFFIDAVIT, HOUSEHOLDS EXCEEDING LOW-INCOME LIMITS (BOE 267-L3) New form for 2018
- WELFARE EXEMPTION SUPPLEMENTAL AFFIDAVIT, ORGANIZATIONS AND PERSONS USING CLAIMANT’S REAL PROPERTY (BOE-267-O)
- WELFARE EXEMPTION SUPPLEMENTAL AFFIDAVIT, REHABILITATION . LIVING QUARTERS (BOE 267-R) - Yearly Filing
- RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION (BOE 267-S) - Claim for exemption from property taxes
- RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION (BOE 267-SNT) - Change in eligibility or termination notice
- PUBLIC SCHOOL EXEMPTION - FOR PROPERTY USED EXCLUSIVELY BY A PUBLIC SCHOOL (BOE 268-A) - Public schools most often use the exemption for leased real and personal property.
- EXEMPTION FOR PROPERTY USED BY A FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY OR FREE MUSEUM (BOE 268-B)
- AFFIDAVIT FOR 4% ASSESSMENT OF CERTAIN VESSELS (BOE 576-E)