Recovery Permit Center
Our condolences to those in the community who have lost their homes due to the CZU Complex Lightning Fires. We understand your desire to move forward with rebuilding efforts as quickly as possible and are committed to an expedited and streamlined permit process, to ensure that our community can rebuild as quickly as possible. To provide the best support for the rebuilding process, we have opened the Recovery Permit Center (RPC).
The RPC has been designed to meet the needs of those going through the rebuilding process. Here you will not only find the information and tools you need to successfully rebuild your home, but a team of dedicated experts available to help at any time.
The Recovery Permit Center provides:
- Dedicated Service. This is a permit processing center for the rebuilding community, separate from other County business. The staff are specialized in fire recovery and dedicated solely to recovery permitting.
- A One-Stop Shop. The RPC staff will review plans and reports for the Environmental Health, Planning, and Public Works Departments, as well as for County Fire and local Fire District*.
- Pre-application clearances. Various health and safety regulations can raise complicated issues when rebuilding structures constructed before current regulations were in place. The RPC will assist you to work through technical issues dealing with access for fire protection, septic and water standards, and potential geologic hazards prior to preparing full plans and making a permit application.
- A Streamlined Process. The RPC team will assist you in completing the necessary tasks needed for a complete building application package. Once submitted, the expected time for first review is seven business days, less for subsequent review if one is needed.
- *Fire Districts retain final decisions on matters of compliance with state and local fire codes.
Please come see us virtually! The RPC team is available for video and phone pre-application consultation meetings as often as needed to help you make decisions, prepare plans, and submit your package. They will ensure you have full understanding of the process and know how to check on your progress once you have applied. Make an appointment today. Download and review the Steps for Obtaining a Rebuilding Permit.
You can also contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 831-454-5323. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8am-Noon and 1-5pm.