Fifth District Supervisor Bruce McPherson
Bruce McPherson was reelected to the Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors in November 2016. He represents the Fifth District, which includes the San Lorenzo Valley, most of Scotts Valley, and a small part of Santa Cruz.
Bruce has a long and distinguished record of serving Santa Cruz County. A fourth-generation Santa Cruz County native, Bruce's career began as a reporter at his family newspaper, the Sentinel, later rising to Editor.
He served two terms in the California State Assembly (1993-96) and two terms in the California State Senate (1996-2004). Following the resignation of California’s Secretary of State in early 2005, Bruce was confirmed unanimously in both the Assembly and Senate to be Secretary of State. He was recognized as Legislator of the Year by numerous organizations and foundations.
Throughout the years, Bruce has worked closely with Second Harvest Food Bank, the Land Trust of Santa Cruz County, the Cabrillo College 50th Anniversary Scholarship Committee, United Way, the Tannery Arts Center, Ecology Action, the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary and Exploration Center, American Red Cross, and many other non-profit agencies.
He has been honored for his dedication and commitment to improving education, supporting public safety, fighting for environmental protection, and assisting small businesses.
Supervisor McPherson represents the Board of Supervisors on the following regional agencies and boards:
- Advisory Council – Area Agency on Aging
- Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments Board of Directors
- California State Association of Counties Board of Directors
- Child Welfare Services System Improvement Plan Steering Committee (SIP)
- City Selection Commitee
- Visit Santa Cruz Council Board of Directors
- First 5 Commission
- Highway 1 Construction Authority
- Library Financing Authority (Alternate)
- Santa Cruz City/County Library Joint Powers Board
- Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission
- Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors Agenda Committee
- Santa Cruz Metropolitan Transit District Board of Directors
- Successor Agency of the Scotts Valley Redevelopment Agency Oversight Board of Directors
- Treasury Oversight Commission
Staff to Supervisor McPherson includes:
Supervisor McPherson can be contacted as follows:
Supervisor McPherson holds meetings in the district twice a month. Constituent Meetings are a drop in opportunity to meet with Supervisor McPherson or his staff to discuss any issue of concern.
Valley Voices meetings allow attendees to share information, ideas, and concerns and to catch up on projects that are underway and those that residents would like to see placed in the queue. Attendees can share information, but not monopolize the conversation. After brief introductions and comments from everyone, attention will focus on a speaker who will address a current topic of interest for about 15 minutes and then answer questions.
The location and time for all meetings is:
San Lorenzo Valley Sheriff's Community Service Center, 6062 Graham Hill Road, Suite A, Felton from 12 noon to 1 p.m.
2017 Meeting Dates:
February 1 and 15
March 1 and 22
April 5 and 19
May 3 and 24
No meeting in July
August 2 and 23
September 7 and 20
October 4 and 25
November 15 December 6 br />
Boulder Creek Town Plan
Ben Lomond Town Plan
Felton Town Plan
Click here to see a map of District 5.